Can I Wear Contacts with a Sty?
Jan 23,2024 | Ariana
Do you wake up with red particles around your eyes? Can you wear cosmetic contact lenses with a sty? This article explores eye health and beauty tips to help you maintain radiance.
What is a Sty?
A sty, also known as a hordeolum, is a small red bump that develops on the eyelid. Sties can be painful and uncomfortable, and they can also make your eyelid appear swollen and red. Most sties will go away on their own within a week or two, although in some cases, they may require medical treatment.
What Causes a Sty?
Sties are typically caused by a bacterial infection in the eyelid's oil glands. The bacteria responsible for the infection are usually staphylococcus aureus, which is commonly found on the skin and in the nose. When the bacteria enter the oil glands of the eyelid, they can cause an infection that results in a sty.
If I Have a Sty, Can I Wear Colored Contact Lenses?
- The Inner Sty: If you have an inner sty, meaning it is located on the inside of your eyelid, it is not advisable to wear contact lenses. The presence of a sty indicates an ongoing infection, and wearing contact lenses can exacerbate the condition. Contact lenses can trap bacteria against the eye, preventing the sty from healing properly and potentially leading to complications. It is best to wait until the sty has completely healed before considering wearing any type of contact lens. So during this period, it is best not to wear colored contact lenses and replace contact lenses with frame glasses.
- The External Sty: Located on the outside of your eyelid, the external sty is less serious than the inner one. If you find it necessary to wear your contact lenses, it should be acceptable. However, if you prefer to err on the side of caution, it is advisable to refrain from wearing your contacts at all. In this case, the color of cosmetic contact lenses should be more prominent, covering the redness and swelling around the eyes as far as possible. Rich layers of dark colors would be a good choice.
|Unibling Iffy Grey Eye Lenses - Make Your Eyes Shinning
|Unibling Flirting Blue Cosmetic Lenses - Unleash Your Charm
What Should I Pay Attention to When Wearing Color Lenses?
If you do decide to wear colored contact lenses, it's essential to take some precautions to reduce your risk of infection. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Clean Your Lenses Properly: Clean your lenses using a solution recommended by your eye doctor. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and avoid using tap water, as it may contain harmful bacteria.
- Avoid Sleeping in Your Lenses: Sleeping in your lenses can increase your risk of developing an infection, so it's best to remove them before going to bed.
- Don't Share Your Lenses: Sharing your lenses with others can increase the risk of spreading bacteria and infection. Always use your own lenses and never share them with anyone else.
- Replace Your Lenses Regularly: It's important to replace your lenses according to the schedule recommended by your eye doctor. Using old or expired lenses can increase your risk of infection.
Take Care of Your Eyes
If you have a sty, it's best to avoid wearing contact lenses until it has healed. Even if you decide to wear colored contact lenses, it's essential to take precautions to reduce your risk of infection. By following these tips, you can enjoy the benefits of contact lenses while keeping your eyes safe and healthy.